[ezcol_1third][/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]This dish is a great way to add creativity to your brown rice repertoire. The pineapple-cilantro-jalapeno combo packs so much flavor into every spoonful. This recipe is gluten-free, vegan and is an excellent option meal prep.[/ezcol_2third_end]
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Yield: Serves 5
1 Cup Brown Rice
2 Cups Water
1 Cup Pineapple, diced
1/4 Cup Jalapeno Pepper, diced
1/4 Cup Green Onions
1/4 Cup of Cilantro
3 Cloves of Garlic, diced
1 Tbsp Coconut or olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste[/ezcol_1third][ezcol_2third_end]
1. Bring water to boil, then add rice and 1 Tbsp of oil. When water begins to boil again, reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
2. Cook covered for 40-50 minutes until rice is tender; stir once after about 20 mins.
3. While rice is cooking, sautee garlic, green onions and jalapenos in remaining oil for about 5 minutes.
4. Add pineapple to sautéed vegetables and sautéed for another 5 minutes.
5. Add cooked rice to sautéed mixture and mix well.
6. Remove rice from heat and mix in chopped cilantro.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition per serving: 109 Cals; 13g Carb; 6g Fat; 1g Protein