Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Inactive: +4 hours | Yield: Serves 5 | Serving Size: 1 Chicken Leg
5 Medium Chicken Legs, skin removed
1/2 Cup Fat-Free Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp Ginger, grated or minced
1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1+ Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Turmeric
1 Tsp Ground Corriander
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ground Cardamon
1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Cut large slits into the chicken legs and season with lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Set aside and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Thoroughly cover chicken legs with yogurt marinade; be sure to work the marinade into the slits. Let chicken marinate chicken in a tightly sealed bowl (one of the tips from this MPM post) or ziploc bag for 4 to 8 hours or overnight.
Using Oven & Broiler
3. Pre-heat oven to 400F . Place chicken in baking dish and roast for 50 minutes or until the internal temperature is at least 165F; turn chicken once after about 30 minutes.
4. After roasting the chicken, place chicken under broiler for another 4-5 minutes. Drizzle any remaining lemon juice over the chicken.
5. Serve warm.
3. Pre-heat grill.
4. Place marinated chicken on the grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn, baste as needed, and cook on the second side for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and continue cooking, as necessary until the chicken is thoroughly cooked about 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition per 1-Chicken Leg serving : 123 Cals; 3g Carb; 9g Fat; 15g Protein
Nutrition calculated using the MyFitnessPal Recipe Importer