Welcome the latest addition to the MBMK muffin family. I’m a huge fan of peanut butter and I love incorporating it into various recipes.
These muffins are a convenient way to add protein and fiber to a quick breakfast. They have up to 6g of fiber and 10g protein per serving.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Prep Time: 5 mins . Cook Time: 15 – 18 mins . Servings: 9 to 12
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
3 Very Ripe Bananas, mashed
1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 1/2 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Into a large bowl sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside about 1 tablespoon of oats and add the remainder to the bowl.
3. In another bowl combine the wet ingredients. Using a hand mixer, whisk or fork, mix the wet ingredients until a bit smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Fold until the batter is mixed well. Do not over mix.
5. Distribute batter equally into 9 to 10 jumbo muffin tins or 12 to 15 standard muffin tins lined with cupcake liners or lightly greased. Top with the tablespoon of oats.
6. Optional but recommended: Let the batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes before baking.
7. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the tester comes out clean.