I love this breakfast burrito recipe! Amazing flavor and satiating! It is freezer friendly! You can make these burritos ahead of time and freeze them until you’re ready.
I recommend using a skillet to reheat your thawed or cold breakfast burritos since it gives them a nice toasted crust. However, you can use a microwave if you prefer. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Prep Time: 10 mins . Cook Time: 20 mins . Yield: 8 Servings
8 Burrito Tortillas (10”)
1 Pack Farmer Focus Chicken Sausage, chopped
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion, chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Cup Broccoli Florets
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Cup Cilantro chopped
3/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, whisk eggs. In a large skillet, heat half the oil over medium heat. Add eggs and cook until set; remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Wipe skillet if necessary. Add remaining oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent and fragrant; stir occasionally. Add bell peppers, broccoli, sausage, chili powder, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until vegetables are soft. Stir in cilantro.
4. If you plan to freeze the burrito be sure to let the filling cool completely before wrapping.
5. Assemble burrito: On a tortilla add some scramble eggs, sausage filling and 1 tablespoon of cheddar. Roll into a wrap. Repeat until you’ve filled all the tortillas.
6. Freezing preparation: Wrap the burritos individually in foil or wax paper and store them in a freezer bag.
7. Reheating: Remove frozen burrito from freezer and place in the fridge the night before. Reheat on stove top in a skillet. Although a microwave can be used, it may result in a soggy tortilla.