Here’s a tasty addition to your grab-and-go breakfast options. These large egg muffin cups are rich in protein and packed with flavor. Check out the breakfast section of the blog for other great breakfast recipes.
Try them for breakfast with a potato hash and berries.
Prep Time: 10 minutes . Cook Time: 25 minutes Yield: Serves 6
4 Oz Chicken Breast, cooked & cubed
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 Jalapeno Pepper, chopped
1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 Cup Yellow Onions, chopped
1 Cup Cilantro (plus more for garnish), chopped
Fajita Seasoning to taste (see below)*
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
*Fajita Seasoning: Equal parts garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, cumin and chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare 6 large cupcake tins by spraying with cooking spray or lining with cupcake liners. You may need more cupcake tins if yours are standard size.
- In a bowl whisk eggs; season with salt and black pepper.
- Evenly distribute chicken and vegetables in 6 large muffin pans and season with with fajita seasoning (a couple pinches per muffin cup), salt and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin tin and then top with cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let egg muffins cool for a few minutes then remove from tins and garnish with cilantro.