Forget your boring granola! Here’s a tastier way to add whole grains to your breakfast. This orange pecan granola packs a punch of flavor and will add some life to your breakfast.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Prep Time: 10 mins . Cook Time: 30 mins . Yield: 12
2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup Quinoa
1 Cup Pecans, chopped
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
1/3 Cup Honey
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Zest from 1 Orange
1. Preheat the oven to 300F with rack on the middle level. Prepare the baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl combine oats and quinoa. In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, honey, vanilla, orange zest, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
3. Pour wet ingredients over oats and quinoa; mix well.
4. Evenly spread granola on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes. Stir halfway through. Add pecans during the last 7 minutes of baking.
5. Remove from the oven; add cranberries. Let cool for 1 hour before storing in an airtight container.
6. Serving suggestion: Enjoy with plain Greek yogurt, berries and granola.