I love me some good tacos. How would you modify these tacos for you and your family? This is a simple recipe that you can tweak to your liking.
There is so much you can do with this taco foundation. You can swap out the chicken for another protein like fish or beans. Maybe add a different sauce or use flour tortillas.
These take just a few minutes to make and assemble even with making your own pico de gallo from scratch. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Prep Time: 10 mins . Cook Time: 10-15 mins . Yield: Serves 5
10 Corn Tortillas
1 Lb Boneless Chicken Breast
1 – 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning}
1 Haas Avocado
Pico De Gallo
1 Tomato, chopped
1 Red Onion, chopped
4-6 Sprigs Cilantro, chopped
Juice from 1 or 2 Limes
Salt, Black Pepper & Cayene to taste
Oil or Cooking Spray
1. Season chicken with taco seasoning, salt and black. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Lightly grease skillet with oil or cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add chicken breast and cook until golden brown, fluids run clear and meat is cooked in the middle. Let meat rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into cubes.
3. In a bowl, combine and mix ingredients for pic de gallo. Slice avocado.
4. Heat the tortillas for a few minutes in a hot skillet individually or wrap them in foil and heat in the oven at 350 F for 10 minutes.
5. Assemble tacos starting with two tortillas as the base and topping with chicken, pico de gallo and sliced avocado.