I love grits for brunch but have you considered adding grits to your meal prep? They’re easy to make in bulk and freeze well. Here’s an easy way to prepare an extra tasty version of grits with an amazing coconut flavor. I had these coconut grits with chicken and a side of vegetables.
Creamy Coconut Grits
- 1 Cup Grits
- 1 14-Oz Can Light Coconut Milk unsweetened
- 3+ Cups Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder optional
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- In a medium pot add coconut stock/water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Slowly stir in grits, ensuring to break up clumps.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cook according to package instructions until grits are tender and thickened; stir frequently. Cooking time – quick grits: 5-7 minutes; traditional grits: 15 to 20 minutes; stone ground grits: 40 to 50 minutes. If grits seem too thick add a bit more water/stock.
- Serve warm with your favourite vegetable or protein.