[ezcol_1third][/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]Quick, easy moist red velvet pancakes. These are pancakes are gluten free. Try them with our Greek yogurt cream cheese topping. These pancakes are also high in protein.[/ezcol_2third_end]
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Yield: Serves 1
1/2 Cup Oat Flour (Or blend rolled oats to a fine powder using blender)
1/4 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1/4 Cup Beet, cooked and diced
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Unsweetened Cocoa powder
1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Dash of Cinnamon (less than 1/8 Tsp)
Cooking Spray[/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]
1. In blender, combine greek yogurt and beets; blend until mixture is smooth.
2. In a bowl, combine beet-yogurt mixture, oat flour, cocoa powder, egg, vanilla extract and honey. DO NOT ADD POWDER JUST YET. Stir until batter is mixed thoroughly. Do not over mix batter.
3. Heat skillet or griddle on medium-low heat and lightly coat with cooking spray.
4. Stir in baking powder just before cooking batter.
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet/griddle and gently spread it into a circle. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Serve hot and top with honey, fruit, compote or your favorite topping or try our greek yogurt cream cheese topping.
Nutrition per serving: 418 Cals; 61g Carb; 10g Fat; 23g Protein
Note: If pancakes are cooked on the outside but undercooked on the inside, reduce heat and increase cooking time.
1/3 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1/3 Cup of Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Honey
1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract[/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]
METHOD FOR TOPPING
1. Combine all the topping ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
Nutrition per tablespoon: 37 Cals; 3g Carb; 2g Fat; 1g Protein