[ezcol_1third][/ezcol_1third]Keeping it simple with this dish. The Oriental Sweet Potato, also known as Batata or the Japanese Sweet Potato, has a very similar nutritional composition to the sweet potato, but has a slightly creamier texture. This dish goes great with our Basic Baked Chicken. Feel free to go heavy handed on the spices in this one. [ezcol_2third_end][/ezcol_2third_end]
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Yield: Serves 6
3 Lbs Oriental Sweet Potatoes
1 Tbsp Honey (optional)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Wash sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes.
4. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with remaining ingredients.
5. Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer onto baking sheet.
6. Roast for 30-35 minutes until tender; turning over sweet potatoes every 10 minutes.
Nutrition per serving (without honey): 200 Cals; 44g Carb; 2g Fat; 5g Protein
Nutrition per serving: 211 Cals; 47g Carb; 2g Fat; 5g Protein