Here’s how you make an easy, garlicky swiss chard side dish. I’m a huge fan of it’s beaty flavor and it’s super easy to prepare.
If you want learn more about the color and nutrients of this leafy vegetable, check out this post about what makes fruits and vegetables red.
Check out this recipe and let me know what you think.
Easy Sautéed Garlic Swiss Chard
- 2 Lbs Swiss Chard
- 4 to Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Thoroughly wash swiss chard. Chop stems and leaves, keeping leaves and stems separate.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add chopped stems and cook for a few minutes. Add leaves and cook until leaves are wilted; stir occasionally. Season with salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and lemon juice.