Prep Time: 15 mins . Inactive Time: 30+ mins . Cook Time: 45 mins
4 Chicken Legs, skin removed
2 Cups BBQ Sauce
1 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning*
2 Cups Brown Rice, cooked
1 Cup Frozen Green Peas, thawed
1/2 Cup+ Fresh Mint, chopped
1/2 Red Onion, chopped
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp+ Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
* I used a combination of black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder.
1. Season chicken drumsticks with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Place chicken on a lightly greased baking sheet. Roast chicken for 25 minutes.
3. While chicken is roasting, add BBQ sauce to a small saucepan and reduce to thicken over medium heat; stirring occasionally. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. After 25 minutes, remove chicken from oven and brush with thickened BBQ sauce. Return chicken and roast another 25 minutes. Increase heat to 425 F during the last 10 minutes of roasting. Remove from oven after roasting and set aside.
5. While the chicken in roasting, heat about olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and bell peppers; cook for 5 to 10 minutes until onions begin to carmelize. Add cooked rice, peas and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide rice and chicken into four equal portions; garnish with remaining fresh mint. Enjoy.