Check out these feta jalapeno turkey burgers. They’re perfect for a weeknight meal or to throw on the grill on the weekends. If you’re a fan of turkey burgers, also check out my Rosemary Mushroom Turkey burger.
I cooked these turkey burgers in a skillet, but you can easily make them on the grill as well.
Prep Time: 10 mins . Cook Time: 20 mins . Yield: 5 Servings
1 1/4 Lbs Ground Turkey (85/15)
1 Cup Shallots, chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 Oz Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 Jalapeno Pepper, chopped
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Zest from 1/2 Lemon
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1. In a skillet, heat oil to medium-high heat. Sauté shallots for until fragrant and a bit golden. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Remove shallots and garlic from the skillet. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl add turkey, feta cheese, smoked paprika, jalapenos, parsley, egg, cooked shallots, lemon zest, garlic, salt and black pepper. Mix until well-combined.
3. Form mixture into 5 patties.
4. Heat skillet to medium-high. Add oil to the pan.. Cook patties until golden on each side and cooked through; about 5 minutes on each side.
5. Assemble turkey burgers with your choice of buns and toppings.