Check out my latest salmon burger. My first salmon burger was jerk-flavored with grilled pineapple; try it as soon soon as possible. This time, I kept it spicy but went with more Asian flavors.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free soy sauce or an alternative like tamari sauce or coconut aminos. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Prep Time: 15 mins . Cook Time: 30 mins . Yield: 5 Servings
1 1/2 Lbs Salmon, uncooked
1 Tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha
1 Tsp Sesame Seed Oil
1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 Tbsp Ginger, minced
2 Egg Yolks
3 Stalks Green Onions, chopped
1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Cooking Oil for greasing skillet
1. Prepare the salmon by first removing the skin then cutting it into large chunks. Separate about one-quarter of salmon.
2. Place one-quarter of salmon in a food processor. Pulse until the salmon is pureed. Add the remaining salmon. Pulse until well combined and salmon is cut into small chunks.
3. Place salmon mixture in a bowl. Add egg yolks, green onions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame oil, salt and black pepper. Mix until well-combined.
4. Divide and form the salmon mixture into 5 patties. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Remove the salmon from the fridge a few minutes before grilling. Sprinkle uncooked patties with sesame seeds.
5. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add patties and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Patties are done with the internal temperature of 140 F.
6. Make your salmon burger with whole wheat buns and your favorite toppings.
This is a fantastic recipe! My daughter told me that I could open a restaurant with this one!
Awesome! I’m so glad she enjoyed it!