Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Yield: Serves 12
3 Lbs Red Potatoes, washed
1 Cup Celery, chopped
1 Cup Fat-Free Greek Yogurt (optional)
1/2 Cup Red Onions, finely chopped
1/4 Cup Jalapeno Peppers, chopped
1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
1 Red Delicious Apple, cored and cubed
2 Tbsp Honey*
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Paprika
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for about 20-30 minutes until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Set aside cooked potatoes to cool for about 20 minutes. Note: You can reduce cook time by cubing potatoes before boiling them.
2. In a small bowl combine honey, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika; mix thoroughly.
3. If you boiled the potatoes whole, cut them into cubes. Place cubed potatoes in large bowl.
4. Add celery, onions, jalapeno peppers, parsley and apple to large bowl of potatoes.
5. Add honey-lemon-juice mixture (from step 2) to large bowl and mix thoroughly.
6. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
7. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
8. Add yogurt when ready to serve.
* Vegan alternative: Use 1.25 tbsp of brown sugar in place of the 2 tbsp of honey
Nutrition per serving without yogurt: 144 Cals; 28g Carb; 2g Fat; 3g Protein
Nutrition per serving with yogurt: 155 Cals; 29g Carb; 2g Fat; 5g Protein