[ezcol_1third][/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]This butternut squash and parsely rice is excellent for meal prep. It’s an easy way to squeeze more vegetables into your meals. This recipe is gluten free and vegan![/ezcol_2third_end]
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Yield: Serves 5
1 Cup Brown Rice
1 Cup Butternut Squash, cubed
1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar or Honey
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
Salt & black pepper to taste[/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Bring water to boil, then add rice. When water begins to boil again, reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
3. Cook covered for 40-50 minutes until rice is tender; stir once after about 20 mins.
4. While rice is cooking, toss squash in olive oil, black pepper, salt, brown sugar/honey.
5. Evenly spread squash on baking dish and roast for 30 minutes until tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
6. In large bowl, combine roasted squash, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cooked rice and parsely.
Nutrition per serving: 87 Cals; 14g Carb; 3g Fat; 1g Protein