It’s a Chocolate Cherry Granola with quinoa, almonds, cherries and chocolate. This is another straightforward recipe that gives you more control over what you eat in the morning. I’ve been enjoying this granola with some Greek Yogurt for additional protein to complement the fiber in the granola.
If chocolate is not really your thing, check out this Spiced Granola instead.
Prep Time: 5 minutes . Cook Time: 30 minutes
. Yield: Serves 14
1 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 1/2 Cups Quinoa
1 Cup Raw Almonds, chopped
1 Cup Dried Cherries
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/3 Cup Honey
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 300F with rack on the middle level. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, quinoa and almonds. In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients over oats, quinoa and almonds; mix well.
- Evenly spread granola on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes. Add coconut flakes and stir gently. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven add cherries. Let cool for a 1-2 hours before storing in an airtight container.
Nutrition per 1/2 Cup Serving: 243 Calories, 11g Fat, 32g Carbohydrates, 6g Protein; 5g Dietary Fiber
Nutrition calculated using the MyFitnessPal Recipe Importer