Here’s my recipe for Sweet Potato Bacon Waffles. This recipe can be a great option for those looking easy meal prep breakfast ideas. I used oat flour so this recipe can be gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats to make the flour.
Prep Time: 10 minutes . Cook Time: 15 minutes Yield: Serves 3
1 Cup Oat Flour (gluten-free if necessary)*
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
Optional: 2 Pinches of Cayenne Pepper
4 Strips of Bacon (beef, pork or turkey), cooked & chopped
1 Cup Cooked Sweet Potato, mashed
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt**
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Optional: 1 Tbsp Honey
Berries & nuts
* To make oat flour just blend regular rolled oat in flour in your blender. Sifting helps to remove large bits
**Greek Yogurt and water can be substituted with 1 Cup of milk or a plant-based milk.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Sift dry ingredients (excluding bacon bits) into a bowl.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients.Whisk until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Grease waffle iron. Use about 1/2 Cup of batter per waffle; sprinkle with some bacon bits. Cook until golden.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition per serving (2 waffles): 449 Calories, 15g Fat, 61g Carbohydrates, 21 g Protein; 9g Dietary Fiber
Nutrition calculated using the MyFitnessPal Recipe Importer