[ezcol_1third][/ezcol_1third]Fresh salads are a great way to add fresh vegetables to your diet. Try this simple chopped kale and chick pea salad the next time you want to add some fresh green leafy awesomeness to your meal. Also try it with a little extra chick peas for a bit more protein. [ezcol_2third_end][/ezcol_2third_end]
Prep time: 10 minutes | Inactive 30+ minutes | Yield: Serves 5
1 Lbs Kale
1.5 Cups Canned Chick Peas, rinsed
1/4 Cup Parsley, minced
2 Garlic Cloves
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Honey
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
Salt & Black Pepper to taste[/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]
1. Wash kale in cold water and let dry (set aside in colander to drip dry or gently pat dry); remove stems and midribs from kale.
2. Chop kale and place in a large bowl.
3. Remove any excess water from chick peas; add chick peas and parsley to kale.
4. In a small bowl combine garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey and cayenne pepper; whisk mixture thoroughly.
5. Pour lemon juice mixture into the large bowl of kale and toss thoroughly. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Let salad marinate for 30-60 minutes before serving.
Nutrition per 5.5 Oz serving: 178 Cals; 27g Carb; 7g Fat; 6g Protein 6g Dietary Fiber[/ezcol_2third_end]