Kale and chicken never looked this good. Try this meal combo and step up your meal prep game.
Huli Huli (Hawaiian) Chicken
“Huli” is a Hawaiian term for “turn”. Originally, huli-huli chicken was made on a grill with a spit and those watching the chicken being cooked would shout “huli” when the chicken was turned.
- 2 1/2 Lbs Chicken Legs/Thighs skinless
- Oil for Grilling
- Slices of Fresh Pineapple optional
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 to 6 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl; set aside about 1/4 Cup of marinde. Combine the remainder of marinade with chicken in a bowl or freezer bag. Marinate for least one hour or overnight. Note: If you’re using fresh or unpasteurized pineapple juice do not marinate the chicken for more than a couple hours.
- Combine the reserved marinade with the honey and ketchup; refrigerate. This will be your glaze.
- Heat and grease grill. Remove chicken from marinade; shake off excess marinade. Place chicken on the grill; occasionally turn and baste chicken with glaze. Continue until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature is 165 F. At the same time, grill the pineapple.
- Enjoy with your favorite sides like brown rice and vegetables.
Nutrition Info: 257 Cals, 9g Fats, 13g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 28g Protein
Charred Kale with Mustard Seeds
An easy kale dish packed with a ton flavor with mustards, lemon and garlic
- 2 Lbs Kale
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil divided
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt, Black Pepper & Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Remove stems and ribs from kale. Slice into strips.
- Heat a portion of the oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add mustard seeds; wait until mustard seeds start popping then add shallots and garlic. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Working in batches, add kale and stir every 3 to 5 minutes so that kale gets a decent char. Continue cooking and stirring until all the kale is wilted and charred. Remove kale from the skillet and place in a bowl. Add more oil to the skillet and another batch of kale; repeat process.
- Season with lemon juice, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
Nutrition Info per serving: 174 Cals, 10g Fat, 19g Carbs, 4g Dietary Fiber, 6g Protein