This dish is basically a complete meal on its own! It’s a simple gluten-free recipe with many ingredients! This lean turkey chili is great by itself or with corn bread or rice.[/ezcol_2third_end]
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 60 minutes | Yield: Serves 6
1 Lbs 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
1 (16-ounce) Can Black Beans
1 (16-ounce) Can Red Kidney Beans
1 (28-ounce) Can Crushed Tomatoes, drained
1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Corn Kernels
1 Cup Yellow Onions, chopped
1-2 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped
1/3 Cup Tomato Paste
1/4 Cup Jalapeno Peppers, chopped & seeds removed
2 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
4 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Oregano
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
4 Sprigs of Thyme
Salt to taste
1. In a large pot, heat oil on medium heat; sautee onions, garlic, bell peppers and jalapeno peppers for about 5-7 minutes.
2. Increase heat to medium-high, add ground turkey and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until turkey is completely cooked.
3. Add remaining ingredients (except the salt and cilantro) and stir well.
4. Reduce heat and let mixture simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring periodically and adding more water if necessary.
5. Stir in cilantro and add salt to taste.
Nutrition per serving: 527 Cals; 85g Carb; 5g Fat; 40g Protein