[ezcol_1third][/ezcol_1third][ezcol_2third_end]These wings pack a punch! Inspired by Trinidadian cuisine, these wings are a great alternative to the fried or breaded wings you find at a restaurant or the freezer aisle at your supermarket. This recipe is gluten free![/ezcol_2third_end]
Prep: 15 minutes | Inactive: 1+ hour | Cook: 50 minutes | Yield: About 5 servings
1.5 lbs Chicken Wings (about 6 wings)
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1/4 Green Onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Jalapeno, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Garlic, finely chopped or grated
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tsp Cumin
2 Tsp Fresh Thyme (about 3 sprigs)
1 Tsp Honey
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Salt
1. Remove and discard wing tips; cut wing along second joint to separate the drumette from the wingette. Wash wings in cold water and pat dry.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and marinate wings for at least one hour.
3. Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
4. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray; arrange wings on baking sheet.
5. Bake wings for 50 minutes or until desired crispiness and color; turn wings after 30 minutes of baking.
6. Serve with your favorite dip.
Nutrition per serving: 192 Cals; 4g Carb; 14g Fat; 13g Protein